Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic,
we or us
Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic of 24 Station Road, Ystradgynlais, Swansea, SA9 1NT; UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the EU; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, wellbeingchiropractic.co, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
Third party websites and services
- We may also, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties (see Third Party Websites and Services).
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee.
- Data security is of great importance to Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie
|They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
|These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- As a provider of medical services, Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic are required to record details of all patients; details include medical information, medication, medical history etc. along with general demographic details.
- All details will be retained using an electronic record system (see Third Party Websites and Services).
- Permission from a parent or someone holding parental responsibility is required for all patients under the age of 16.
- We are required by law to retain medical records for a minimum of 8 years after the last treatment. We are also required to keep medical records for 3 years after death. (N.B. timescales can vary due to circumstances such as age at first treatment and mental health capacity)
- Your Right to be Forgotten cannot override the requirement for medical notes to be held for the above mentioned minimum retention period.
- With your agreement we may use your details to liaise with other medical professionals outside of Cristina’s Wellbeing Chiropractic to assist in your care for example, your General Practitioner.
- We will not use your information for any other purpose than providing or promoting our services except where permission has been granted as mentioned above to liaise with other medical professionals.
- Your demographic information may be used to aid with appointment booking and booking reminders.
- Your information will not be sold to any third party.
- If you are not happy for your information to be retained as outlined above, we unfortunately will be unable to provide you with any medical care.
17 May 2018